Sunday, February 08, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!!


Remember those Sweetheart Candies?
Photobucket
Here's a scarf I made inspired by them.

Photobucket

I had a bear of a time sewing together all of those hearts. That's the only part of doing anything crafty I hate, the sewing. All together it was 21 separate pieces, that I attached together to make the scarf. I didn't put any saying on the hearts that will go around the neck I figured it would be a little irritating to the skin and it would be to bent to make out.

Photobucket

Anyway, my intentions were to sell it on Etsy, but I really didn't finish in enough time to ship it by Valentines. Now my sister is asking for an Anti-Valentines version, with sayings like Love Sucks, Bite Me........ I think its a great idea. I actually had to keep myself from writing such things on the hearts in the first place, trying to keep in mind that I was making it for a potential customer. I Love It. One of my coworkers wants it. But, I think that I'm going to make another one and personalize it for her.

3 comments:

CraigJC said...

HOpe you have a wonderful day!

Just showing some love.

http://popwife.blogspot.com/

Barbara said...

Girl you have some serious skills. I really need to step my crochet game up a notch, lol. Whenever you open that Etsy shop of yours PLEASE let me know!

Thanks for the compliments on the dots and thanks for stopping by my blog.

Ayana said...

Hey! What is your craftser id? My email address is ayanared (gmail).